Dalton Watt-Flex® Split-Sheath Cartridge Heater
- Watt-Flex Cartridge Heaters run more efficiently, use less power and last up to 5 times longer than conventional cartridge heaters.
- Split-sheath expands to maximize heat transfer and contracts when cold for easy removal from bore.
- Hot Tip or Cool Tip Option
- A single continuous heating coil ensures a uniform temperature profile. No sections to burn out as in conventional cartridge heaters.
- Watt-Flex's tightly compacted MgO dielectric accommodates higher watt densities - up to 50% higher warrantable watt densities than conventional heaters.
- External Thermocouple Option- a Watt-Flex exclusive-provides more accurate temperature at the point of heat transfer to host metal.
Thermal Devices is an authorized distributor of Dalton Electric Heating products, including the revolutionary Watt-Flex® Split-Sheath Cartridge Heater. The split-sheath design and highly specialized manufacturing techniques of the Dalton Watt-Flex cartridge heater reduce your total cost of process heating by an average of 40% over other heaters.Dalton Electric’s Watt-Flex Cartridge Heaters use a unique, patented split-sheath design that allow the heater to expand when energized to maximize heat transfer through greater contact with the wall of the bore. Better heat transfer means less power is consumed to maintain the set point temperature, reducing operating costs. Contact a Thermal Devices’ Sales Engineer for more information! Or, request a quote.
Sorry, no downloadable content available.
The Watt-Flex heater construction eliminates ceramic cores typically found in conventional cartridge heaters. Dalton has developed highly-specialized manufacturing techniques to compact high-grade MgO dielectric to near its maximum density around the heater coil, which increases dielectric strength and heat transfer away from the coil, resulting in significantly longer heater life.
Watt-Flex cartridge heaters last up to 5 times longer than conventional heaters with less downtime for heater replacements and lower maintenance costs. Watt-Flex heaters contract when de-energized, eliminating bore seizure and the need for expensive drill-outs.